Pending grant approval, the Application for 2022-2023 will be available during mid-late Spring 22 semester.
Click Here for the CTF Information Sheet.
The Cleveland Teaching Fellowship (CTF) includes partnerships between the Cleveland Metropolitan School District (CMSD), Cleveland State University and the Cleveland Foundation as well as Breakthrough Public Schools (BPS) and Cleveland State University. These grant programs engage highly qualified teacher candidates in PAID practicum and student teaching expereinces in select CMSD and BPS buildings. With a national teacher shortage, CTF is creating a pipeline of strong teacher candidates committed to urban education.
- CTF is a partnership between the Cleveland Foundation, Cleveland State University, and the Cleveland Metropolitan School District (CMSD)
- BPSF is a partnership between Cleveland State University and Breakthrough Public Schools
Eligible Applicants must be in a licensure program in the College of Education and Human Services and meet all academic and non-academic requirements for their final year experiences (i.e. practicum/student teaching, internship and/or apprentice teaching) in 2022-2023. Applicants must also be US citizens or permanent residents and have a commitment to urban education.
- Complete the OFS online application
- Complete the Fellowship Application (link will be posted here when available)
- Attach a written response & resume
- Recommendation from one faculty member, mentor teacher or supervisor (you may use a letter OR link, will be posted when available)
- Select Individuals will be invited to a Zoom interview
Fall 2021: Cleveland Teaching Fellowship
CTF Professional Development Session 1: Urban Education, September 26, 2021
Courtney Nudell, Career Development Coordinator,
Office of Field Services JH 187