We are pleased to announce the 2020-2021 Cohort of Ohio EPFP Fellows, representing exceptional leadership talent from a variety of school districts and higher education in Ohio. Read more here.
The Education Policy Fellowship Program (EPFP) is a professional development program for mid to senior level leaders in education and related fields sponsored by the Institute for Educational Leadership (IEL) in Washington, D.C. The Center for Educational Leadership at Cleveland State University is the Ohio site for this program. EPFP features seminars and guest lectures by prominent speakers each month. The mission of EPFP is to develop strategic, executive leaders in public and private organizations who have the capacity to create and implement sound public policy to improve outcomes for children and young people. Participating in the program provides Fellows with the opportunity to examine leadership and policy issues important to them and to their organizations while engaging with leaders from diverse professional backgrounds in the field of education.
For the 2020-2021 academic year, the EPFP program will take place 100% online, with monthly and occasionally bi-monthly synchronous meetings. The program in this format will provide all the same enriching themes, content, and speakers, with expanded accessibility to network with Fellows from across the nation, as well as policymakers and stakeholders, while enabling wider participation in the program for Fellows from across the state of Ohio.
Explore the resources below for more information:
- EPFP Informational Brochure
- EPFP IEL Information
- EPFP Alumni Network
- Institute for Educational Leadership (IEL)
The Center for Educational Leadership invites you to apply if you have:
- A commitment to personal and professional development on behalf of children and youth
- A track record for making things happen-inside and across agencies/organizations
- Substantive work experiences
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- A full-time professional position
- The endorsement and financial support of your employing organization or the ability to personally commit financially
How to Apply
Please submit your application to the Ohio site of the Education Policy Fellowship Program through the Institute for Educational Leadership (IEL) website: https://epfp.iel.org/page/OH
The application will ask you to also submit the following materials all in one sitting:
- Brief 150-250 word Biography that will be shared with CSU staff, facilitators, and other Fellows
- Interest Letter outlining how EPFP will help you achieve personal and professional goals
- Sponsor Endorsement Form (click here to download form)
- Recommendation Letter from your supervisor or employing agency representative
Dr. Deborah Morin, Ohio EPFP Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org